FLORIDA: Urge committee chairs to place the Protection of Medical Freedom Act on the agenda
Add "vaccination or immunity status" to Florida's civil rights statute to protect Floridians from mandates and discrimination.
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- In order for Health Freedom Florida’s civil rights bills SB222/HB305 "Protection of Medical Freedom Act" to become law, the first step is getting a committee hearing and passing committee. Please email the committee chairs to add SB222/HB305 to their agenda. Read below for more information.
- SB222 / HB305 will protect Floridians from continued discrimination based on their vaccination or immunity status.
- Many Floridians have faced profiling, discrimination, segregation, termination, denied exemptions, denied service, injury, and even death due to shots or shot status. This is a serious humanitarian issue and must be remedied now.
- SB222 / HB305 offers sound public policy that does not allow for mandates, specifically by prohibiting discrimination based on your vaccination status in both the workplace and the public square. Here’s a breakdown:
- Vaccination / immunity status becomes a protected class.
- Employers cannot discriminate based on vaccination or immunity status.
- Protects vaccination data from crossing the state line or being handed over to the federal government.
- Prohibits both businesses and government entities from allowing vaccine passports or any type of proof of vaccination.
- It’s unconstitutional for a government entity or corporation to require a person to participate in specific medical services in exchange for access to gainful employment or to participate in society.
- It’s unethical and immoral to mandate an injection for which there is no liability, or to limit a citizen’s ability to work based on their acceptance of a shot. As such, we’re urging all Floridians to support SB222 / HB305 to protect their right to informed consent and the freedom to decline injection.
- As a reminder, the protections that were put into place in the 2021 special session will sunset (expire) July 1, 2023. At that point, mandates could be ushered in; time is of the essence. We must protect our livelihood and our children’s future today.