NEVADA: Tell all Senators to vote no to the minor consent bill that violates parental rights
SB172 will allow our children of any age to consent to dangerous drugs used for the prevention and treatment of STDs (including vaccination) and to receive contraception without parental consent.
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- Let your local Senator know that you feel SB172 is a blatant disregard for child welfare, parental rights, and the existing statutes protecting both. With one click, urge them to vote no on Nevada's minor consent bill. Need more information about this bill? Keep reading below.
- SB172 would allow children of any age to consent to dangerous drugs that contain black box warnings, such as HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis. (PrEP refers to the use of medications for preventing an infection before exposure.) HIV PrEP is a drug cocktail which could be offered to anyone who may become sexually active (often chemotherapy-type drugs that are quite toxic) as a method to prevent future HIV infection and/or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) illness. Guidelines further outline the use of Post Exposure Prophylaxis drug treatments for people who have “been exposed.” (PEP refers to the use of medications for preventing infection after exposure.)
- This bill would allow minors to consent without parental knowledge to vaccines, such as the HPV vaccine, which is currently in a lawsuit and is one of the most dangerous vaccines, according to VAERS reports of injury.
- This bill would allow minors to consent to contraceptive devices such as IUDs and hormone injections. If there were side effects, how would a parent even know how to care for their child?
- SB172 represents a clear overreach by the state into the care and upbringing of our children and violates our medical and religious freedom.