NEVADA: Tell Minor Consent bill sponsors that Nevadans will not allow them to violate parental rights and endanger children
SB172 will allow our children of any age to consent to dangerous drugs used for the prevention and treatment of STDs (including vaccination) and to receive contraception without parental consent.
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- SB172 would allow children of any age to consent to dangerous drugs that contain black box warnings, such as HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis. (PrEP refers to the use of medications for preventing an infection before exposure.) HIV PrEP is a drug cocktail which could be offered to anyone who may become sexually active (often chemotherapy-type drugs that are quite toxic) as a method to prevent future HIV infection and/or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) illness. Guidelines further outline the use of Post Exposure Prophylaxis drug treatments for people who have “been exposed.” (PEP refers to the use of medications for preventing infection after exposure.)
- This bill would allow minors to consent without parental knowledge to vaccines, such as the HPV vaccine, which is currently in a lawsuit and is one of the most dangerous vaccines, according to VAERS reports of injury.
- This bill would allow minors to consent to contraceptive devices such as IUDs and hormone injections. If there were side effects, how would a parent even know how to care for their child?
- SB172 represents a clear overreach by the state into the care and upbringing of our children and violates our medical and religious freedom.
- Please let the sponsors of this bill know you are shocked at their blatant disregard for child welfare, parental rights, and the existing statutes protecting both.
- Tell the sponsors of this bill to withdraw their sponsorship of this bill because it violates a parent’s right to protect their child and it endangers children. (Please edit the email to make it your own. Personal stories make a stronger impact.)