The NJDOH is proposing the following revisions/additions:
- “Align immunization requirements specified in this subchapter with the current ACIP recommendations.” NJDOH is proposing to add/mandate COVID-19, FLU & HPV vaccines for ALL NJ Students K-12 to attend school.
- “Not limit a private entity’s ability to add additional vaccination requirements that are recommended by the ACIP but not required by NJDOH.” NJDOH proposes to allow ALL private schools (preschools, daycares, elementary, secondary & colleges) to REQUIRE ANY vaccinations they choose going forward.
- “Add the new meningococcal vaccine requirement in accordance with the ACIP recommendations as a condition of attendance to comply with (C.18A:62-15.1).”
- “Expansion of Reporting Requirements: Increases the upper age limit of who is required to be reported into NJIIS.” NJDOH is proposing to expand the requirement to all practitioners who administer vaccines to children under 18 (currently it is 7 and under) to report, without parental consent, all vaccines administered to the NJ vaccine registry (NJ Immunization Information System) for tracking. NJIIS is an opt-out only vaccine statewide registry.
- “Access to public or private place and records/things at these premises to enforce, administer or confirm compliance with health laws.” Increase the NJDOH “scope & authority” to access public or private (homes/businesses) and things to enforce health laws (slippery slope).
- To allow hospitals to grant the NJDOH and local health department access to their electronic health records “needed for public health investigations.”
- “SURVEILLANCE (N.J.A.C. 8:57 NEW SECTION): A new section requiring establishment and maintenance of a surveillance system to detect and investigate health threats (now voluntary). A charge of this additional section would be to require NJ schools to report absenteeism cases to the State for surveillance and tracking.
- ZOONOTIC DISEASE REPORTING “would require laboratory reporting & authorization for isolating/quarantining domestic pets.”