Act Now Kentucky: Ask Your Senator to Protect Employees Against Mandates
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- Many Kentucky employees have faced workplace mandates for the COVID-19 shot. And too often, two unfortunate scenarios play out: employees are never made aware that they’re entitled to a medical or religious exemption, and if they are aware, employers make the process of obtaining one onerous.
- SB93 is a bill that sets parameters for medical and religious exemptions in the workplace. It was heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday afternoon, March 10th, in a special meeting where it was the only bill on the agenda.
- For religious exemptions, the bill limits the language that can be used to assert the exemption to a simple statement, and no further documentation or explanation can be required. For a medical exemption, the written opinion of a healthcare provider is all that’s required. It further states that employers that have implemented vaccine mandates would be required to inform employees that medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Please email your Senator and ask them to vote YES on this critical bill. Kentucky residents deserve employment protections and we must urge policymakers to put these protections into law.
- After emailing, please call the legislative line at 800-372-7181 and ask to leave a message for your senator: “Vote YES on SB93.” *please note, the legislative line is only open during business hours.
Your home address information is required from the legislative offices to ensure you are reaching out to your designated representatives. Your email and your phone number are used to establish connection with your designated representatives. Messages from non-constituents don't have the same impact on a legislator as messages from verified constituents, who can vote for that officeholder. We do not share your name and contact information with any third parties unless legally required to do so.
Have a question or need help?