ACT NOW KENTUCKY: Click to Urge Senate Health Committee to Pass Immunity Passport Ban Before Session Ends
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
HB28 is sitting in the Senate Health and Welfare Committee where Chairman Ralph Alvarado, MD has declined to give the bill a hearing thus far. There are only a few days remaining for the Senate to pass bills and still be able to overturn any vetoes from the governor.
- Please e-mail the Senate Health and Welfare Committee and urge them to take action on HB28. Kentucky is seeking protections from these unconstitutional passports before the end of the legislative session and HB28 helps get them there.
- Along with emailing, please call the legislative line at 800-372-7181 and leave a message for your senator asking them to vote YES on this bill. *please note, the legislative line is only open during business hours.
- Both steps are important. When you’re finished, please share this call to action with at least 5 of your friends as we need mass action right now.
- If you are not familiar with HB28, this bill was introduced on January 4, 2022 and was sponsored by Representative Maddox. It has recently passed the House State Government Committee with a substitute.
- The bill does the following:
- Bans government mandates/vaccine passports,
- Prohibits public universities from requiring the disclosure of immunization status with regard to a COVID-19 shot,
- Requires K-12 schools to allow parents to opt-out of a mandatory COVID-19 shot on the basis of conscientious objection, and
- Disallows public entities from requiring the disclosure of immunization status with regard to a COVID-19 shot.
Your home address information is required from the legislative offices to ensure you are reaching out to your designated representatives. Your email and your phone number are used to establish connection with your designated representatives. Messages from non-constituents don't have the same impact on a legislator as messages from verified constituents, who can vote for that officeholder. We do not share your name and contact information with any third parties unless legally required to do so.
Have a question or need help?