ACT NOW TENNESSEE: Urge Your Legislators to Oppose Two Bills that Have Been Snuck into Session at the Last Minute
One bill allows "treatment to a minor to prevent STDs" without parental knowledge or consent, another allows dentists to give HPV Vaccines. Oppose now!
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- On March 22 in the House sub-Health Committee, and on March 23 in the Senate Health Committee, two “caption” bills (bills with placeholder language), HB0946 (SB 0148) and HB2032 (SB2026) were substituted with amendments that push the HPV vaccine.
- HB0946 (SB 0148) adds language to existing law that would allow health care providers to provide “treatment to a minor to prevent STDs without the knowledge or consent of the parents or legal guardians of the minor.” This language is broad enough to include the HPV vaccine, HepB vaccines, and two risky drugs approved for adolescents and adults to be taken to prevent HIV.
- HB2032 (SB2026) allows dentists to administer the HPV vaccine
- On March 30 at 2pm both bills are on the agenda to be heard before the full House Health Committee. If the committee votes no, the bills die.
- We are asking Tennessee citizens to act NOW so that these two bills do not pass the House Health Committee or the Senate floor. Send two emails, one to your House Rep and one to your Senator sharing your personal story of how these bills would affect your families lives. Use the content below to help write your email, but your personal story is what we need now!
- Your story will be sent to your Senator, House Rep and the House Health Committee. No one knows your children like you parents do, and our parental rights must be protected at all costs, that is why letters from parents and their personal stories are so important RIGHT NOW.
- HB0946 (SB 0148) subverts the right and duty of parents to make informed decisions about whether or not their children should receive preventative medical treatment. It additionally creates a structure of distrust between the parent, the child, and healthcare providers.
- This bill does NOT give an age to the word “minor,” and the term can vary based on medical treatment in Tennessee.
- Minor children do not have the emotional maturity or intellectual capacity to make important medical decisions. This includes being able to make a well-informed decision that takes into account each vaccine’s unique risk profile as well as the child’s own personal and family medical history(for example, prior vaccine reactions as well as factors like allergies, autoimmune disease or neurological disorders).
- If a child consents to vaccination or begins taking a prescription drug without a parent’s knowledge and that child has an adverse reaction or begins experiencing side effects, the parent would have no way of knowing what is responsible for the child’s sudden decline in physical, mental or emotional health; this lack of knowledge could be life-threatening.
- Currently, the TN Department of Health promotes abuse of the “Mature Minor Doctrine” —which is NOT a law — to allow minors as young as 14 to get a vaccine without parental knowledge or approval. HB0946 (SB0148) would make actual law what is now only abuse of a doctrine. This must not happen.
- Finally, the products this bill may allow minors to consent to without parental knowledge present serious potential risks:
- Merck is accused of fraud and deception in these Gardasil HPV vaccine injury cases that include:
- Autonomic Dysfunction (Dysautonomia)
- Chronic Migraines
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
- Orthostatic Intolerance (OI)
- Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS)
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
- Sinus Tachycardia
- The “Hepatitis B vaccine known as Dynavax [HEPLISAV-B] caused a seven times greater risk of heart attacks (acute myocadial infractions)” – Dr. Milton Parker M.D. https://www.medpagetoday.com/Blogs/RevolutionandRevelation/67019 . That was in 2017 and the FDA has not yet provided any results of aftermarket studies. Warnings are not given to recipients about the risk of heart attack.
- And two HIV drugs targeting adolescents and adults are complicated to prescribe and use, require testing and follow-up, and come with warnings about kidney and liver damage, bone problems, and more. https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep/about-prep.html
- The second bill we are opposing is HB2032 (SB2026) which allows dentists to administer the HPV vaccine. Vaccination is a medical intervention that requires knowledge of an individual’s medical history, previous vaccine adverse reactions, follow-up to any new adverse reactions or health issues developed. Merck has been pushing for years to expand uptake of their controversial vaccine, Gardasil, by driving legislation to allow dentists to administer. Gardasil sales increased 44% to $5.7 billion in 2021, but Merck is facing 14 lawsuits outside of their liability-protection umbrella, accused of fraud and hiding serious risks of their product. Prior to the Covid-19 shots, Gardasil held the dubious distinction of having more reports of serious adverse reactions than any other vaccine.
Your home address information is required from the legislative offices to ensure you are reaching out to your designated representatives. Your email and your phone number are used to establish connection with your designated representatives. Messages from non-constituents don't have the same impact on a legislator as messages from verified constituents, who can vote for that officeholder. We do not share your name and contact information with any third parties unless legally required to do so.
Have a question or need help?