Act Now Kentucky: Ask Your Senator to Protect Employees Against Mandates
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- Many Kentucky employees have faced workplace mandates for the COVID-19 shot. And too often, two unfortunate scenarios play out: employees are never made aware that they’re entitled to a medical or religious exemption, and if they are aware, employers make the process of obtaining one onerous.
- SB93 is a bill that sets parameters for medical and religious exemptions in the workplace. It was heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday afternoon, March 10th, in a special meeting where it was the only bill on the agenda.
- For religious exemptions, the bill limits the language that can be used to assert the exemption to a simple statement, and no further documentation or explanation can be required. For a medical exemption, the written opinion of a healthcare provider is all that’s required. It further states that employers that have implemented vaccine mandates would be required to inform employees that medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Please email your Senator and ask them to vote YES on this critical bill. Kentucky residents deserve employment protections and we must urge policymakers to put these protections into law.
- After emailing, please call the legislative line at 800-372-7181 and ask to leave a message for your senator: "Vote YES on SB93." *please note, the legislative line is only open during business hours.