LOUISIANA: Click to support school vaccine exemption information requirement legislation
Schools should be providing vaccine exemption information.
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- Louisiana's vaccine exemption law for students is the best in the country! It really does protect families from government intrusion into health care decisions. But most families don’t know about the exemptions or their right to choose what's best for their families.
- Exemption law RS 17:170(E) applies to all schools in Louisiana: elementary and secondary schools, kindergartens, colleges, universities, proprietary schools, vocational schools, and licensed day care centers. Did your school provide vaccine exemption information to you as an option?
- This bill does not create an exemption;.the exemption law has been in place for decades. But parents and students are not being provided with the exemption information they are entitled to by law. Not providing this exemption information is an egregious form of medical coercion.
- In many cases, schools are providing inaccurate information including:
- the addition of shots that are not required under current law.
- the required use of a standard form.
- the unlawful burden of notarization.
- the requirement of a physician's signature for the written dissent.
- requiring vaccine information other than upon entering school or entering 6th grade.
- Not every parent or student has the resources or capacity to search for accurate information regarding exemptions. HB399 will ensure that parents are in control of their child’s medical decisions when it comes to vaccinations.
- Take a few moments of your time today to send the House Education Committee an email letting them know that HB399 is necessary and you’d like them to vote yes. We make doing that simple – just one quick step!