SOUTH DAKOTA: Ask your legislators to sign the petition calling for a special session to address COVID-19 vaccine mandates
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 brave South Dakota legislators and citizens whose jobs are threatened due to vaccine mandates announced a call for a Special Session of the legislature on November 9, or as soon as possible thereafter, to provide protections for employees.
- Senators Jim Stalzer (R-Dist. 11), Al Novstrup (R-Dist. 3), and Maggie Sutton (R-Dist. 10), and Representatives Jon Hansen (R-Dist. 25), Sue Peterson (R-Dist. 13), Marli Wiese (R-Dist. 8 ), and Scott Odenbach (R-Dist. 31) are asking their fellow legislators to provide protections for South Dakota employees subject to termination. Specifically, they seek to codify religious protections and medical exemptions.
- Codifying Covid-19 vaccine religious and medical exemptions would be in-line with South Dakota’s long standing exemption policy for vaccine mandates that the state places on both public and private school enrollees and consistent with the protections being passed in other states.
- We need two thirds of our Legislators to sign the petition for the special session to be called.
- Please act now and ask your representatives to sign the petition to call for special session.
Your home address information is required from the legislative offices to ensure you are reaching out to your designated representatives. Your email and your phone number are used to establish connection with your designated representatives. Messages from non-constituents don't have the same impact on a legislator as messages from verified constituents, who can vote for that officeholder. We do not share your name and contact information with any third parties unless legally required to do so.
Have a question or need help?