URGENT SOUTH CAROLINA: Contact the Senate Medical Affairs committee to prohibit children from being administered a Covid-19 vaccine—or any vaccine—without parental consent.
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- South Carolina Advocates for Vaccine Choice believe that parents should be the ones to make decisions regarding their children’s healthcare.
- We understand that in certain extremely rare circumstances, healthcare providers must act quickly to save the life of a child, whereby there may not be adequate time to obtain consent.
- Senate Bill S838 prohibits minors from being administered a Covid-19 vaccine without parental permission.
- Although we support Bill S838, we believe that no vaccine should ever be administered to a child without consent from their parent
- We would appreciate seeing S838 amended further to include prohibiting minors from being given any vaccine without parental authority.
- Before their meeting this Thursday, January 20, please contact the members of the Senate Medical Affairs committee to prohibit children from being administered a Covid-19 vaccine—or any vaccine—without parental consent.
Your home address information is required from the legislative offices to ensure you are reaching out to your designated representatives. Your email and your phone number are used to establish connection with your designated representatives. Messages from non-constituents don't have the same impact on a legislator as messages from verified constituents, who can vote for that officeholder. We do not share your name and contact information with any third parties unless legally required to do so.
Have a question or need help?