ACT NOW COLORADO: Tell your legislators to support naturally acquired immunity for COVID-19
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- Representative Mark Baisley introduced legislation (HB1144) that would require an employer, as a condition of employment, or a state agency that imposes a COVID-19 vaccine or testing requirement to allow a person subject to the requirement to instead provide documentation demonstrating that the person has naturally acquired immunity to the disease in the form of either a positive COVID test or an antibody test.
- HB1144 will codify the scientific fact that naturally acquired immunity to COVID-19 is at least as good as vaccine-induced immunity.
- “Historically, the very concept of ‘herd immunity’ is based upon scientific studies of naturally acquired immunity within a given community, so to deny naturally acquired immunity is to deny both historical precedent and science.”
- “An important October 2021 Israeli study of more than 150,000 people found that naturally acquired immunity is 13 times more effective than vaccine-induced immunity. Harvard Medical School professor Martin Kulldorff agrees, noting, ‘Based on the solid evidence from the Israeli study, the COVID-recovered have stronger and longer-lasting immunity against COVID disease than the vaccinated. Hence, there is no reason to prevent them from activities that are permitted to the vaccinated.'”
- “Based on all available science, there is neither a compelling state interest nor a rational basis to treat individuals who have recovered from SARS-CoV-2 differently than those who have been vaccinated with regard to COVID-19-related restrictions and freedoms.”
- “The people and state of Colorado, as reflected in our laws and culture, support the noble ideals of equity and inclusion, and all citizens of this great state, regardless of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, or medical condition, are to be treated with fairness and justice; Coloradans also strive to be inclusive and to recognize, respect, and embrace those who look, worship, or think differently; and therefore, it is the intent of the general assembly to enact the Naturally Acquired Immunity Equity and Inclusion Act to establish that naturally acquired immunity, for purposes of COVID-19 immunity verification, shall suffice in lieu of COVID-19 vaccination or testing.”
Send an email to the Health & Insurance Committee urging them to support HB1144.
Your home address information is required from the legislative offices to ensure you are reaching out to your designated representatives. Your email and your phone number are used to establish connection with your designated representatives. Messages from non-constituents don't have the same impact on a legislator as messages from verified constituents, who can vote for that officeholder. We do not share your name and contact information with any third parties unless legally required to do so.
Have a question or need help?