The mask mandate was lifted in the state of IN in April, 2021 and the governor is lifting his order for schools on June 30. It is unnecessary and not healthy to continue to require our children and school staff to wear masks at school or while participating in school activities.
It is our duty as adults to not only protect the younger generation, but also do as much as possible to ensure they thrive. There is NO STATUTORY LAW that mandates masks.
We are APPALLED at the guidance recently handed down from the Indiana Department of Education that suggests things like keeping the youngest of our children in masks with the justification that they are ‘ineligible to be vaccinated.’ We are asking you to RISE ABOVE this guidance that is clearly not what is best for our children. We applaud Westfield Washington Schools for their mask-optional plan and for Dr. Kaiser’s public comment that it is “not the school’s role to encourage or discourage COVID vaccination. That’s a parent’s choice.”
Frequent mask wearing:
- Is a breeding ground for bacteria
- Increases risk of CO2 poisoning
- Reduces oxygen intake
- Causes increased face touching which subsequently increases the spread of germs from touching the mask and all other surfaces.
There is no scientific evidence nor studies that can confirm the effectiveness of masks. Fresh air is vital for immune health. A child’s mental, emotional and social well-being is being impeded every day they are forced to wear these face coverings. Here is more about the harms of masking children: https://justtheinserts.com/masks
A new study, involving over 25,000 school-aged children, shows that masks are harming school children physically, psychologically, and behaviorally, revealing 24 distinct health issues associated with wearing masks. https://principia-scientific.com/new-study-finds-covid-masks-harm-schoolchildrens-physical-mental-health/
In a July 2020 interview, Dr. Brett Enneking, child psychologist at Riley Children’s Health says emotional, intellectual, and language development could be delayed or stunted due to mask use. https://www.wishtv.com/news/mask-mandates-may-affect-a-childs-emotional-intellectual-development/
A Lancet journal says the negative effects of antisocial measures may profoundly affect adolescents because they’re at a crucial stage of their lives where their social environment has an enormous impact on many vital functions such as brain development, self-construction, and mental health. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanchi/article/PIIS2352-4642(20)30186-3/fulltext
We now have mountains of evidence on COVID and kids. TWO THINGS ARE CLEAR:
- Children are very unlikely to become infected with, become seriously ill, or die from COVID-19. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2775656
- There is a growing amount of research available showing that young children are not significant drivers of the spread of COVID-19, including at school and at home. A January 2021 study involving 100,000 students and staff says 99.968% of children do not get Covid-19 from school. There were only 32 reported cases of infection (.032%), and there were zero instances reported of a child infecting an adult. https://www.aappublications.org/news/2021/01/08/covid-north-carolina-schools-study-010821
The CDC’s own published study on masks released in March, 2021 (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7010e3.htm) confirmed that masks never made any more than a maximum of .5%-1.8%/.7%-1.9% difference in cases/deaths after implementation. Vaccines are also now easily available for eligible individuals who want them.
We believe parents/families should be able to perform their own risk assessment, considering all physical, mental, emotional and psychological risks and benefits for their own children when it comes to ALL medical decisions, including masking.
By signing this petition, we officially and respectfully request you IMMEDIATELY make masking OPTIONAL for all children and staff in the HSE district.