ACT NOW CANADA: An Unprecedented Attempt to Seize Authoritarian Control of Canada is Happening Quickly
Emergencies Act Invoked, But There is No Emergency as Defined
Our Stand: At-A-Glance
- On February 14, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act to end trucker protests. This is an unparalleled and dangerous attempt to seize tyrannical control of Canada.
- Trudeau has a mere 7 days (from February 14) to seek approval from Parliament and the Senate—if approved in Parliament, it must then be passed in the Senate.
- Meanwhile, the Act is currently in effect.
- If passed, it will establish a dangerous precedent of government overreach. There is no emergency as required by the Emergencies Act (no threat to public safety or health, no natural catastrophe).
- Click to write your local MP and Senator, telling them you oppose this action. We must act quickly to reunite Canada.
Your home address information is required from the legislative offices to ensure you are reaching out to your designated representatives. Your email and your phone number are used to establish connection with your designated representatives. Messages from non-constituents don't have the same impact on a legislator as messages from verified constituents, who can vote for that officeholder. We do not share your name and contact information with any third parties unless legally required to do so.
Have a question or need help?